Gardiners provide a wide range of buildings maintenance and minor civil engineering services to our commercial clients. From routine and emergency maintenance for local authorities and utility companies to ground works and civils construction projects.
Gardiners have working relationships with some of our clients going back over thirty years which is a testament to the quality of our work, competitive pricing and customer satisfaction. Our range and flexibility means we can work on everything from domestic disabled adaptations right up to CDM projects and more.
We currently look after several thousand properties of many different sizes and type, for Utility Companies (Water and Electric), Local Authorities (including schools and public buildings) bodies such as the Environment Agency and larger construction companies. We provide planned and reactive works, with a 24 hour a day, seven day a week service.
In 2015 we broadened our client base further by moving into looking after properties for multi-branch retail outlets, including security sensitive sites such as building society branches. Often such work needs to be undertaken out of hours to minimise disruption to our client’s customers.
Gardiners have worked on many construction projects over the years, including school extensions and also with large refurbishment projects for such as the Environment Agency and Severn Trent Water. Recently completed refurbishments include those in offices where the clients were still in occupation, some of value in the region of £100,000.
Other projects have included: disabled adaptations for Housing Authorities, large and small scale decorating and repairs, installation of toilet, shower and changing rooms.
Groundworks and Civils
Gardiners have over 40 years experience in delivering minor civils and groundwork projects both in the public and private sectors. Through group innovation and the latest value engineering principles, we take a collaborative approach on all projects to deliver the best results to our customers. Our passionate and experienced commercial team work with customers to ensure ‘best value for money’ whilst maintaining effective operational delivery, product quality and conformity to industry regulations and British Standards. We pride ourselves on the continued growth of customer relationships gained through successful project delivery as it forms the backbone of our business.
Our scope includes; flood alleviation, road re-surfacing, repairs or installation of new footpaths and walkways, drainage adaptations and renewals, creation of car parks, concrete foundations, sheet piling and related works.
One of our specialist areas is working on minor civils water related contracts, for utility companies and canal related projects. We currently provide such services for, the Environment Agency, Severn Trent Water and the Canal and River Trust. We are also proud to be involved in the Cotswold Canals Regeneration Project.
Projects recently undertaken include:
- The installation of sample lines for easy reservoir water quality testing.
- Construction of sewage pumping stations including M&E works
- New sewer construction and diversions
- Sewer surveys and repairs
- Repair and refurbishment of canal banks, locks, tow paths.
- Restoration of canal bridges
- Piling works and earth re-grading for the protection of canal banks and revetments
- Erosion control
- Excavation of trial holes to locate and log buried services.
- Bulk excavation and reinstatement works
- Car park construction and drainage
- Flood alleviation schemes
- Underground ducting schemes for cabling and CCTV installations.
For more information about any of the services we offer please contact our Head Office on 01453 88 48 48 or contact us using our enquiry form.
- Swimming Pool TilingGardiners were recently asked to assist with a pool refurbishment for a local client. Our experienced tiler carried out the repairs, re-rendering and fiddly mosaic tiling creating a beautiful finish.
- Brickwork Repairs to OfficesFollowing a Road Traffic Collision, Gardiners were contracted to rebuild the blockwork and facing brickwork for a Local Authority building in Gloucester.
- A head for heights needed!
- Another happy client!
- Project for the Canal and River Trust